Sunday, March 18, 2012

National Quilt Day Finish

A Tiny Little finish {wink} -- not much time to sew this weekend -- but I wanted to finish something -- it was National Quilt Day for goodness sake (and somehow I found time to go to a LQS that had 25% OFF !!)


So I raided my stash, choose this beautiful little ditty by April Cornell for Moda, "Natures Chorus", added a border, a binding (cheated a little and used a decorative stitch to complete the binding) -- a little free motion quilting -- and I tucked this little gem into our daughter Julie's car after our St. Patty's Day Celebration !!

Not bad for some quick Sewing on Saturday !!...  Anything to practice my FMQ - still learning the best threads and tension on my new machine !!

Hope ya'll had a lovely weekend !!
Thanks for stopping by.

{hugs},

Karen

1 comment:

  1. Hey, good for you! I'll let you into a little secret the two pieces on my longarm are 24" x 24" each so you could so do them on your DSM.... Thanks for the praise, I'll bet you are doing wonders on your DSM in a couple of months, just do a little everyday!

    Best Wishes
    Kay in Scotland

    ReplyDelete