Saturday, March 24, 2012

BirdCams - Eagles, Hawks and Work - Oh My !


My sister Michele and I had a glorious day on Monday - driving to the rivers edge and spotting not 1 but 7 Bald Eagles!  Here is the reservoir that we visited.

The bird lovers that we are -- we enjoyed ourselves immensely and especially took pleasure in the fact that we had quality time together !!   I don't have many close up pictures of the eagles we spotted but I do have a couple of very special Bird Cam's to share with you.

As of March 23rd, the Alcoa Eagle Cam had hatched 2 young and a 3rd just working on breaking out of his egg.  For the most spectacular views of Momma and Poppa Bald Eagle -- and their young -  use this EagleCam link.

For a view of the Decorah Eagles (young yet to hatch) -- visit this link.  Any time now, the three eggs that have been laid will hatch.  It will be a joyous occasion.

Last, but not least, my place of employment, Cornell University & the Cornell Lab of Ornithology, hosts a Red Tail Hawk Cam -- three eggs have been laid, and now the waiting game begins.   See the Cam here.

I had a busy week at work this week -- and with such beautiful weather I didn't take much time to quilt.   Thankfully I spent time with my sister -- and my DH -- and enjoyed the wonderful spring weather here in the NorthEast United States !

Happy Weekend All -- Thanks for stopping by!

Hugs,
Karen

1 comment:

  1. It was so nice of you to share your day. And thank you for the links to the hatchings. My DGS (Will who's 9) has been on two Eagle counts and will be thrilled to see these. That first picture would make a wonderful quilt. Again thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete