Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Fabric Tuesday - Good To Be Back!

I've been away :(  (I was without a personal computer for two months)...  I recently acquired a used iPad and I'm hoping this works well with blogger... Lets give it a whirl!

Here is a little gem I've been working on.... "Family Estate" by Edyta Sitar.  I'm almost done.  Matter of fact my sister inspired me to restart the quilting last night. She picked hers up from the quilter yesterday and it is beautiful! 


A few weeks ago... After I stitched in the ditch and around all the appliqué with invisible thread, I started an echo quilt around the appliqué... I just DID NOT like it... So it was ripped out...  I'm kinda liking how the micro swirl quilting looks.  Do you like it?


This pattern is so much fun to make.  I took a class at A LQS "Sew Pieceful" in Campbell, NY.  Lovely ladies there and the instructor was my friend Debbie Wick.  She shares the best techniques and chooses beautiful pieces for her classes.  Love it!


Busy day at work today... Thanks for stopping by - its nice to be a part if the blogging community once again.

Hope to link up to Freemotion by the River and to Fabric Tuesday (if I can figure out how to do that with an iPad).  

Have a wonderful day all,
Karen

13 comments:

  1. I definitely love your choice! The stitching really shows off the appliques! It all works together so well and WELCOME BACK!!!!! Hugs, Doreen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doreen... I always love to quilt. Can't wait to get it hung ! It's good to be back... Missed you all!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful quilt and the fabrics yu have used are awesome

    Cheers Pauline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pauline... We started by picking out the border... And since I am in love with birds that border just jumped out at me... Next to find fabric strips from the stash that match the outer border. I really love this piece too. Glad you stopped by and thanks again for the kind words.

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful quilt and the micro quilting looks perfect on it! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely quilt! Would make great Christmas presents for my family that I can personalize. I do like that micro swirly - I'll keep that in mind when I need filler. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the quilt! would love to make this one I will have to see if I can find the pattern. Hope to see plenty more blogs from you !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your little quilt is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the swirl too:-) very nice

    ReplyDelete