Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Fun Peasant Skirt

I had a blast making these cute little peasant skirts for our DGD Angelina and her new doll.

Angelina is 8 years old and she LOVES wearing the layered "Peasant" Skirts.    Having never made one before -- I thought I would give it a try.

The fabric is a fine corduroy from Joann's and it was a real bargain -- 60% off plus an additional 30% off coupon for the entire order -- I can't pass up those types of deals!

I used a great little tutorial from JCaroline Creative! that has since disappeared.  It looks as though the business has shutdown and the tutorial is GONE. 
It was an awesome tutorial that included an online calculator that provided exact measurements for width and length of fabric pieces after you enter a waist line number into the formula.

Here is the tiny doll skirt -- so cute!
Once I finished Angelina's skirt I had enough fabric to make a matching Doll Skirt -- Angie got a new blond haired 18" doll for Christmas!

So now that I've worked my way through this skirt -- I can cut into the beautiful Easter Pink Linen that I also picked up at Joann's.  (Did you visit when the Clearance Fabrics were an additional 50% off of the CLEARANCE price ?  woohoo !!).

With the linen, I will attempt to make Angelina and her mom (Dari) matching mother, daughter skirts for Easter - or Spring (or maybe to line the cat box ?).
I did french seams so there are no raw edges
Another French Seam

I hope she loves this skirt -- I had fun making it!
I'm excited to give this to her for Valentine's Day -- now to find Super Mario fabric (or sheets) to make Lucas (her brother) the bedroom curtains I promised.

Have a wonderful week all -- Linking up to Connie's Linky Party Tuesday and Fabric Tuesday at Quilt Story!  Go checkout the awesome things that creative people make!  (see my sidebar for the links)...

Hugs,
Karen


3 comments:

  1. How cute Karen and what a bargain on the fabrics! I really need to start thinking about sewing a few clothes items for my granddaughters! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh! How cute is that! Angelina is going to be so excited and so will her dolly.....grin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable, Karen! What a blessed little girl to have you sewing for her. :) Robin

    ReplyDelete