Monday, November 11, 2013

Happy Veterans Day and A Winner!

On this Veterans Day - giving thanks to all that have defended and continue to defend our free Country.    Thank You!
Also... special thanks to all that left thoughtful comments on my post and on Deb's blog -- your feedback is most welcome and such a joy to read.   A warm "hello" to the new followers and those that hopped over from Deb's blog -- nice to have you aboard!

Now -- I'm happy to announce the winner of the box of Family Tree scraps donated by the very talented and generous Deb Strain.
Mr Random Number Generator rolled the numbers...
and I counted through the comments... (74 total but one was mine -- so it was excluded)

And here is our winner !

Congratulations Nancy in MT!  I'll contact you via email to get your mailing address!  I hope you enjoy this awesome box of scraps -- I know I did.

Be sure to visit Deb's blog too to see who won her giveaway! (Psst... she has a new giveaway going on already -- woohoo!)

Thanks again Deb for donating the scraps - such lovely fabrics.
*
I leave you tonight with a picture of me and my 3 very special granddaughters.  We share an annual  tradition of shopping for Christmas dresses... leaving the momma's and the boys (5 grandsons) at home.   We did just that on Saturday and had a blast!   Three young ladies, one gramma, 40 dresses, and 4 hours later we exit the mall with one for each of them!   I'm very blessed.   The grandchild photo shoot is coming up in early December -- another fun day!
Have a wonderful week everyone!
Happy Sewing!

Karen

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely photo of you and your lovelies - sounds like a great shopping time and a cool tradition :-) Congratulations to Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thrilled! Thank you so much. My goodness, I think we may be twins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how fun. My great grandmother used to always take me shopping for a dress for Christmas. Two of my grand daughters live too far away, so my mother takes them shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your picture says it all. What a wonderful time for all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful tradition! Lucky grandma and lucky granddaughters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats to Nancy
    What a fun tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to Nancy and that`s a great traditions and fun!!

    ReplyDelete