Monday, May 30, 2016

2016 Free Motion Quilt Along - Winners!

Woohoo!
I've completed the random drawings 
for the prize winners in the
2016 Free Motion Quilt Along !!
***
Before I announce the "official" winners I want to congratulate everyone that Quilted Along with us on the Susybee Lewe's Balloons Growth Chart or otherwise.  
See the original QAL Post here

Learning to Free Motion Quilt is sew fun but can sometimes be frustrating -- so persistence and practice is key to improving your FMQ Skills.

There were a total of 13 projects (some finished and some work in progress) submitted by the extended deadline -- and at least one completed project was submitted after the deadline.

I used Mr. Random Generator to choose the Winners in the order the sponsors were listed in the original post.
Because we had a total of 13 entries
I've thrown in a few "extra" prizes
for those that didn't win
a sponsored prize...
Everyone's a winner today!

***

Many thanks again to all of our fabulous Sponsors -- for offering quality products and great prizes.

Let's start with the winner of the awesome designer thread collection 

Thank you
for Subtle Strings...
The beautiful new designer thread collection by my favorite 
FMQ mentor, Wendy Sheppard.  


The winner is:
 Glenice from Australia!
Woot Woot -- Glenice I KNOW you will love this 50Wt Aurifil thread collection!

Next
Thank you Creekside Fabrics, Quilts and Yarns in Arcade, NY.


For the:
 
The Winner is: 

 Di Di -- from the USA!

Congratulations DiDi -- You'll have some fun at the Creekside Fabrics Online Store!


Next,
Thank You
 Quilter's Dream Batting - my favorite batting/waddling. 


For one package each of
Dream Wool and Dream Cotton!

And the Winner is:
 Sharon from Upstate NY!
Sharon I know you'll find great things to do with this fantastic selection of batting!

Moving right along...
Thank you Sew It Is Quilt Shop
For providing another Susybee Panel
with some coordinating fabrics!

And the Winner is:
 Patti H from USA
Congratulations Patti -- You'll have fun making a selection from the Sew It Is Online Store!

Next up:
Thank you Quilty Pleasures in Geneva, NY
 For providing a $20 Store Credit
And the Winner is:
 Ellen from Albany, NY
Congratulations Ellen!
I know you'll love your selection from the
Quilty Pleasures Online Store!

Finally
Thank you World of Susybee !

For providing this fun Lal the Lamb 1 yard cut

And the Winner is:
 Karen C from the USA!
Congratulations Karen -- Lal is sew fun to FMQ - You will be thrilled!

And for the remaining ladies that submitted
Quilt Along entries....
***
I have some sweet older Susybee panels
you can use to
continue to practice your FMQ!!
***
Some Flip the Pig, and Bird and
a few other awesome panels...

Everyone....
To collect your prizes
I'll need an email and mailing address sent to me.
Once I receive this information
 I'll coordinate
getting your prizes shipped to YOU!

eMail me at redbirdquiltco at gmail dot com

Also, I've already rec'd some feedback on the Quilt Along -- if you have feedback too please send it to me, we can all learn together from this first Redbird Quilt Co event.

Happy Stitching!
Karen

5 comments:

  1. Thank You Karen ��
    I'm tickled ! To be the winner of Quilters Dream Batting !
    It'll be perfect for that moda kit I bought a month ago !
    It's all triangles, perfect for sampling/practicing fmq. !
    A Good Batting sandwich will show it off nicely!

    Your tutorials & youtubes were sew much fun!
    I'm looking forward to your next presentation ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is remiss of me not to have acknowledged my win on your blog Karen... I am now back in computer land so, again, a huge thank you for the opportunity to learn from you - your instructions and videos are just the best. For me to win the Aurifil thread is a real treat as it is quite difficult to get the colours required here in Australia. Now I will have lots of Aurifil to put into my next FMQ'd quilt. I will also be looking out for your next online project. Hugs from Australia. Glenice Jones

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this great article! That is very interesting I love reading and I am always searching for informative information like this.doona covers online

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the tips on fm quilting. You mention using wool batting, which I'd like to try. Have you had any trouble with the wool migrating through the quilt top? Any tips on what to look for when buying wool batting?
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judy- thanks for writing. I have been using Quilters Dream wool for about 2 years now and I've not seen any issue with it migrating through to the quilt top. I've only ever used it on Quilt Shop quality fabrics. I do use the smallest needle possible for the thread size I am quilting with. Are you seeing this trouble on your sit down machine ? Also, when purchasing a wool batting do look at the shrinkage rate -- and if you can inspect it before buying be sure that there are no areas that are uneven in the batting -- I experienced this issue with another popular brand and stopped using it. It had think and thick sections of the batting. I hope this helps. Feel free to email me anytime with questions -- I'll help if I can. karen at redbirdquiltco dot com

      Delete