Saturday, January 10, 2015

Top 14 of 2014 and Do You EQ?

Greetings fellow quilters!!

There's been so much happening in the first few weeks of 2015 I've not taken any time to blog.  I do hope you've been keeping up with my goings on at Facebook or Instagram.  Happy New Year!

I have a couple of fun things to share today.  

This is my first attempt at a quilt design using the Electric Quilt 7 software.  I purchased this software months ago and never found the time to open it.   Finally -- with an upcoming Moda Bake Shop design looming, I decided to break down, install the software, and give it a try.    Here's a sneak peek of the starter design:
I had a bit of a learning curve getting started, but I was happy to get something drafted.

I'm using Laundry Basket Quilts "Heart's Content" fabric for this quilt (grab a Layer Cake) -- and was able to download the fabric swatch images from Moda's site.  It's so cool -- you can fill in the EQ7 quilt blocks with the exact fabric you're going to use - I love that!!

Here's a picture of the design before I installed EQ7.... Pencil and paper... the old fashioned way:
Stay tuned in February when I share this new tutorial and quilt design on the Moda Bake Shop....

Speaking of which -- On January 1st, 2015 the Moda Bake Shop published their Top 14 viewed Recipes of 2014 and I'm thrilled to say that Redbird and Berries was the #1 recipe for the year!!   Oh My Goodness I was really blown away -- so honored.
Thank you all again for your continued support and encouragement and many thanks (again) to the Moda Bake Shop -- what a great way for aspiring designers to get their work online!!

You can see the complete list of the Top 14 in 2014 by clicking here.   There are some really great recipes there - do check it out.   You can see the Redbird and Berries recipe by clicking here.

Before I go -- I wanted to share this image of a female Northern Cardinal hanging around the bird feeders at our home.  
It's really unusual to see a female cardinal that is as brilliant as the red male cardinal -- this little girl takes the cake.  Every time I see her at the feeders I grab the camera and run (sneak) to the window to take a shot.  So beautiful.
If you're interested  you can see more songbird images at our feeders by clicking here.

Thanks for stopping by today - I'll be back soon!

Hugs,
Karen

14 comments:

  1. Well done for such a great year with your pattern designing Karen :-) Glad you have got into your EQ7, I'm sure it won't take long for you to learn the ropes. I saw one Cardinal when I was in the USA and absolutely love the little bird - your photos are beautiful! Happy New Year to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did see that you made #1 status earlier. Should have sent you congratulations then but better late than never: CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great design! I got EQ7 for Christmas, and will blog about my first design next week. I have a lot to learn about the program!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well it's no wonder your design was the most looked at - see how it stands out among all the other entries? It's different, it clever, it beautiful, and it makes people think they could make it, too. A Win-Win combination! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy new year Karen! Yes, 2015 has really started with a zoooommmm....I just realized it's already the 10th and I haven't paid my bills! LOL!! Congrats on your success and no...I've never tried EQ.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your very well deserved #1! I hope 2015 is a great year for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on doing so well on the Moda site! I got EQ7 last year and use it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! It really is a lovely quilt and your recipe is amazing! The win is well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Congrats Karen!! That is my favorite pattern too! You definitely deserve it! And i am REALLY loving the look of the new design! Awesome!! Hugs my friend!! xo jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. How can you tell she's a girl? If I see one that color, I always assume it's a male. LOVE your little cardinal quilt and it's been my intention ever since I saw it to make it. Maybe very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have yet to venture into the world of "EQ" so I admire any results you have.....and you've got a good one there!!! I look forward to seeing your newest recipe!!!! Cardinals are so awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A very deserved first, Karen. I'm looking forward to the reveal in Feb.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't do facebook or instagram, so I hope you get back to blogging soon. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just got my payment for $500.

    Sometimes people don't believe me when I tell them about how much you can earn by taking paid surveys from home...

    So I show them a video of myself getting paid over $500 for taking paid surveys.

    ReplyDelete