Sunday, November 23, 2014

Heart's Content Pillow on the Moda Bake Shop

Hi fellow quilters!
I'm excited to share a new pillow tutorial with you today at the Moda Bake Shop!  
** Link updated to PDF download -- Original Recipe missing from the Bake Shop **
It's made with the fabulous new fabric line, Heart's Content, by Laundry Basket Quilts for Moda.

 I fell in love with the soft colors and delicate prints of this line created by Edyta Sitar. 
*
This cute home deco pillow will add a touch of class to a couch, loveseat or bench.
 What's neat is with a single Jelly Roll and a bit a yardage you can make two of these beautiful pillows -- one for you, one for a Christmas gift ;)

You know me -- no project would be complete without looking though my stash of Aurifil threads dreaming of ways stitch with these sweet threads.
I was thrilled with the outcome!
 To top-stitch I choose Aurifil 12Wt Mako Cotton in two different colors.
It added such interest to the pillow flange.
For the free motion quilting I used Aurifil 28Wt and 50Wt threads.
The 28Wt served to outline the beautiful prints on the First Kiss fabric and the 50Wt thread was perfect to echo stitch the background.

Beautiful threads combined with Quilter's Dream Wool batting equals instant texture!
Love, love, love!
*
 I had planned to include wool applique on the center panel of the pillow, but once I started working with the fabric I realized it didn't need applique -- it was beautiful as printed.   

Now what to do with all the beautiful wools I had purchased from Bunny Hill Designs?

Who can turn away from a cute flower accent made from wool?
Such Fun!  

Be sure to stop back and I'll show you how easy they are to whip up. 
*
I may even need to share some of my leftover wool ;)

Now be sure to hop on over to the Moda Bake Shop and checkout the tutorial.
I would love to hear what you think.
*
As always I would also LOVE to see anything you create from the tutorial.
Wouldn't this pillow be sweet with 
Christmas fabric ? 
*
Thanks for stopping by today
and have a blessed day!
Karen

PS - A big shout-out to those of you that have been following and encouraging me on Instagram.
Sharing the sneaky peeks is fun!  Thanks so much for your support.

23 comments:

  1. Karen, your pillow is beautiful and I love those wool flowers! Did you get snowed in this week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pillow is stunning! You did such an awesome job Karen! Wool flowers besides! This one is over the top!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why Moda Bake Shop snatched this one up - very original, well thought out and beautiful! Your tutorial is so well done - A+++ for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Karen! And I love the little wool flowers. Beautiful job! Thank you for the tutorial! xo jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats to you being on Moda Bake Shop

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this on Moda this morning, love it! So clever with the side pieces with dimension, and lovely stitching design on the center!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Oh! My! Gosh! Beautiful!!! So feminine and flowery and your quilting just brings the print to life with texture. Great job Karen. -Shari

    ReplyDelete
  8. this has to be the prettiest pillow I have ever seen! saw it on Pinterest and came over to see how it's done .. what beautiful work you do... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous! I agree with one of the other commenters over on the Moda site: I read the whole thing from start to finish just to see what you did next! A truly stunning design. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful. Hope I can find the time to make this one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wonderful. i really like the outside edges.

    ReplyDelete
  12. As I said on facebook, Bravo!! Love how you made it all come together, great colors, lovely texture... in all fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. KAren, I love love love this pilloow and your tutorial is wonderful.
    You really make that Hearts Content fabric just sing.

    Thanks for sharing,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  14. THis pillow is absolutely beautiful, and yes - I can totally picture it in gorgeous Christmas fabric. When you sew with the 12wt thread, what do you use in the bobbin? I haven't had good luck trying that weight in my machine yet. It balks at the 28wt, but I can mess with tension enough to get it to just barely cooperate. I'd really like to be able to use the 12wt in it sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful, the fabric is gorgeous and your quilting is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Karen, this pillow is so beautiful! The way you've made the two sides is quite imaginative. So pretty. I went to read your tutorial and I see that you've put a lot of work into writing it. I pinned the picture you've taken of it with your "antic quilt" in my Quilt Board. They both suits each other very well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on your Moda Bake shop feature. You have made a gorgeous pillow. Also, thanks for sharing your link on my blog's party as well. I appreciate it! -Shannon with KISMIF & Modern Tradition Quilts

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is the prettiest pillow I have ever seen! Plus the nicest project I've seen on Moda Bake Shoppe in sometime. Your tutorial has great details! I would of never considered using 12wt for top stitching, need to add some to my thread stash now! Icouldn't help myself, I had to come over to your blog to see what other beautiful creations you have made.

    ReplyDelete